General Position Summary
This position provides a variety of advanced administrative and support-related activities for the Human Resources and Talent Management (HRTM) Team. This position reports to the Director of HRTM and works closely with the Talent Acquisition team. This position requires a high degree of professionalism, discretion, initiative, and organization; accuracy and attention to detail; use of good judgment; and an ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects with limited supervision. It also requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a high degree of computer proficiency. This position is not supervisory in nature.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service at all times and ensures that office operations are efficient and in compliance with the University of Arizona Foundation (Foundation) and UADP department policies and procedures.
- Schedules meetings and appointments with University Alumni and Development Program (UADP) staff, leaders, development officers, and other individuals as requested by supervisor.
- Assists with meeting and interview logistics, including preparing and submitting itineraries and room reservations; ordering food and beverages; printing, collating, and distributing materials, audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Assist in booking travel and accommodations for candidates and providing confirmation.
- Attends select meetings, take notes, and synthesize them for distribution. Provides other meeting-related assistance as needed.
- Processes requests related to new hire onboarding, such as setting up employees with system access, technology, ordering business cards, and other necessities.
- Provides backup to HRTM coordinator for all check requests for accounts payables, business expense reimbursements, AMEX and PCard reconciliation.
- Provides emergency front desk coverage as needed for VSS security guard.
- Support entire HRTM team with special projects, events and tasks as needed, including events set up, tear down and registration.
- Attend all HRTM and UADP meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of office and business procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including strong proofreading abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment, and the ability to self-direct and manage time proficiently.
- Ability to operate telephone, personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine, and other office equipment.
- Ability to appropriately and professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information, and to keep this information totally confidential.
- Ability to solve problems and use professional judgment and discretion.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and learn new skills.
- Provide backup front desk coverage for VSS security as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; AND
- Minimum of three years directly related administrative customer service focused experience, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel; OR Microsoft Office; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education approved by Human Resources
- Two years of experience in human resources or recruitment
- Interest in, knowledge of, and/or experience in talent acquisition/recruitment.
- Knowledge of and experience with applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn recruiter and social media
- Standard office environment with close work on a personal computer in open, busy work environment.
- High exposure to a computer screen.
- This position may require sitting for long periods of time.
The University of Arizona and the University of Arizona Foundation offer employees a robust array of enticing benefits. From premium healthcare coverage to tuition reduction to 40+ days off annually (22 vacation, 12 sick, 10 holidays, etc.), employees are well cared for.
The University Alumni & Development Program is an office comprised of both University of Arizona and University of Arizona Foundation employees, and as such, shares the intuition’s approach to diversity and inclusiveness:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
University of Arizona