On behalf of the University of Arizona and in accordance with the Development Services Management and Asset Agreement, it is our pleasure to invite you to join the College of Education (COE) and the University Alumni and Development Program in the position of Assistant Director, Donor and Alumni Relations. This position is subject to joint management by the University of Arizona and the University of Arizona Foundation as specified in the Development Services and Asset Management Agreement dated August, 2016.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Assistant Director, Donor and Alumni Relations is an integral member of the Alumni and Development team at the College of Education (COE) and a member of the University of Arizona’s campus-wide Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement (PAE). This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that build trust and strengthen long-term relationships with donors and alumni. This position requires a high degree of professionalism, discretion, initiative and organization; accuracy and attention to detail; use of good judgment; an ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects autonomously, with minimal supervision when given general expectations. It also requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a high degree of computer proficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Annual Giving
- UA Foundation (UAF) Annual Giving team liaison
- Appeals/solicitations (fall dean’s appeal, year-end/holiday appeal)
- UA Giving Day
- UA Cares
- Manage Erasmus Circle (COE giving society)
- Assist donors with annual-level donations
- National Advisory Board & Alumni Council Management
- Coordinate monthly & quarterly meetings, tasks include room reservation, email invitations, catering, coordinating with guest speakers, developing agendas
- Develop and execute National Advisory Board and Alumni Council events (mixers, year-end socials)
- Serve as National Advisory Board & Alumni Council liaison/point of contact
- Volunteer management including coordinating committees, scheduling, providing training/orientation
- Add National Advisory Board & Alumni Council interactions into Lynx (CRM)
- Pipeline Management
- Prospect research on annual-level COE donors
- UAF Foundation Relations liaison, assist with charitable grants, work with COE Grants Development Coordinator
- Development & Alumni Events
- Assist with planning and executing 8-10 college events including convocation, scholarship breakfast, spring donor celebration, and Homecoming
- Alumni of the Year award and ceremony
- Marketing & Communications Liaison
- Collaborate with MarComm and help provide content for development and alumni related social media posts
- Assist MarComm with development and alumni related website updates
- Monthly newsletter to National Advisory Board and Alumni Council
- Attend Annual Giving Network (AGN) webinars
- Attend UA Foundation (UAF)/Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement (PAE) staff meetings
- Attend PAE Alumni Relations Forum meetings
- Attend College of Education (COE) staff meetings
- Attend recurring COE Development & Alumni Relations Office team meetings and meetings with the Director of
- Serve as Development & Alumni Relations Office point of contact/team lead in absence of the Director of Development
- Ability to work occasionally weekends and evenings dependent on workload or college events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- College or foundation development experience
- Previous experience working with non-profit organizations and/or higher education
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM or similar donor databases and Financial Edge application
- Experience with UA and UA Foundation policies and guidelines
The University of Arizona and the University of Arizona Foundation offer employees a robust array of enticing benefits. From premium healthcare coverage to tuition reduction to 40+ days off annually (22 vacation, 12 sick, 10 holidays, etc.), employees are well cared for.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement is an office comprised of both University of Arizona and University of Arizona Foundation employees, and as such, shares the intuition’s approach to diversity and inclusiveness:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
University of Arizona