To provide administrative and event planning support for all UADP Volunteer leadership groups including the UAF Board of Trustees, Alumni Advisory Council, National Leadership Council and associated committees. Function as a secondary contact person for the UADP board/committee members. This position will report to the Assistant Director, Alumni + Board Relations.
FUNCTIONS + DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Board Relations, this position will provide administrative support and event/meeting planning duties for the UA Foundation Board of Trustees, Alumni Advisory Council, National Leadership Council, Recent Alumni Advisory Council and associated committees as follows:
- Manage and update volunteer leaders contact information, rosters and mailing lists as well as updating records in CRM database system.
- Assist with scheduling board, committee and internal meetings. Create timelines, agendas and sending meeting notifications along with establishing remote participation credentials.
- Distribute and post meeting materials, agendas, newsletters and other email communications
- Prepare and edit correspondence, memos and meeting minutes and notes for Assistant Director/AVP/SVP for distribution to volunteer leader groups
- Serve as an administrator for the board portal, Directors Desk which entails adding/removing member accounts, maintaining access permissions, posting meeting materials and agendas as well as providing technical support.
- Answer inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of department procedures. Screen, route, and answer phone calls and responds to routine and non-routine requests with discretion. Attends internal and external meetings as representative of the department and provide appropriate summaries and follow-up.
- Prepare expense reports, budget updates, and billing details for Assistant Director’s review/approval. Collect information and maintains logs, records or receipts as needed. Review invoices for accuracy.
Event Planning Support
- Coordinate the logistics for all volunteer leader committee and board meetings and all corresponding social events under the direction of the Assistant Director. Including venue selection, vendor coordination, audio visual and catering orders and on-site event execution.
- Serve as event liaison for all vendors and venue contacts
- Create electronic and mailed event invitations, registrations and event websites
- Track and maintain event RSVP and guestlists
- Collaborate with Marketing team to create event deliverables including printed programs, speaking program scripts and digital and printed signage
- Create event materials including program timeline, event overview and VIP documents
- Meet with vendors for pre-event venue walkthroughs, speaking program run through and audio-visual tests
- Coordinate with campus partners for event logistics for on-campus meetings and events
- Create staffing timeline and coordinate staff for day of event operations
- Conduct post-meeting tasks including sending thank you gifts, post event surveys and correspondence and holding post-event debriefing meetings
- Create electronic monthly newsletters for volunteer leaders through marketing software
- Assist Assistant Director with curating content for newsletters and communications
- Assist Assistant Director in developing strategic engagement plans for volunteer leaders
- Assist Assistant Director with creating and documenting procedures for volunteer leadership engagement
- Assist members of the Alumni and Constituent Engagement (ACE) team with donor and alumni events throughout the year
- Provide front desk support when administrative assistant is absent
- Perform other related duties as assigned