This position is responsible for installing and maintaining end user computer systems and mobile devices for the Central University of Arizona Development Program (UADP). This position also creates and maintains user accounts, email accounts and shared folder permissions as requested. General knowledge of Windows desktop systems and mobile devices (Android, iPhone) is required to support and troubleshoot issues.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Workstation and mobile device support and troubleshooting for staff of the Central UADP, both local and remote.
- Printer configuration and support.
- Communication with vendors for assistance with hardware and software issues.
- Install and support workstation software.
- Image and configure computers to work with the UADP domain/network.
- Repair and upgrade computers and printers as necessary.
- Provide detailed tracking and communication on issues through a ticket support system (Jira).
- Reviews process and procedures for quality assurance.
- Creates and maintains service desk documentation.
- Participates in process improvement and other projects.
- Provides end-user training to end users, as appropriate.
- Provide recommendations on process documentation for other IT members to follow (standard operating procedures).
- Maintain training lab workstation computers.
- Create/maintain user accounts, email accounts, and shared folder permissions and other entries using Active Directory.
- Ensure antivirus software is updated and running on client computers.
- Provide technical support for conference room equipment.
- Keep inventory of hardware, toner and other materials.