The Application Developer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining various software systems, with a focus on systems integrations, web applications, and web services.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Develop web applications, web services, and other software solutions, according to the technical specifications.
- Implement improvements to existing software.
- Research, document, and integrate software components and third-party software.
- Document implementations and technical specifications.
- Respond to support requests, providing timely resolutions to issues.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software.
- Follow coding and application design standards and practices.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Proven experience as an application developer, software engineer, or similar role.
- Proven experience developing with ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, or similar web frameworks.
- Familiarity with modern web application and web service patterns and practices.
- Familiarity with common RESTful web API conventions and design.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and the software development lifecycle.
- Proven experience with CSS and common CSS frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with common ASP.NET OWASP Top 10 mitigation strategies
- Proven experience with relational databases, including writing commands and queries and analyzing data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can contribute and adapt to a highly collaborative working environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including development officers, deans, faculty and staff at corporations and foundations.
- Four years of programming experience developing enterprise applications.
- Associate degree in Software Development or related field AND two years of programming experience.; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Demonstrated experience with web application and web service patterns and practices in .NET or .NET Core.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server and relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience with the principles of Domain Driven Design.
- Demonstrated experience with Blackbaud applications.
- Demonstrated experience with C#.
- Demonstrated experience with jQuery.
- Demonstrated experience with Bootstrap.