Perform accurate and timely production and distribution of disbursements from Unrestricted, Restricted, and Endowment funds for payments via wire, electronic funds transfer (EFT), and check.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain vendor database, including adding new vendors, updating existing vendors, and ensuring records are up to date and accurate.
- Enter, verify, and maintain 1099 vendor information.
- Input payables data for all disbursements, reconcile to request documents and post transactions to General Ledger.
- Input information for setting up and converting vendor EFT payment method.
- Print checks, prepare and reconcile EFT file for upload to bank, and process weekly transfer requests.
- Obtain and verify approvals and mail checks, email EFT receipts, and finalize transfer packet.
- Prepare and distribute request documentation for filing and scanning.
- Prepare journal entries for voided checks, stop payments, adjustments and wires.
- Scan all backup, as necessary, into the Document Management System and/or the accounting system.
- Label and file completed payables paperwork.
- Distribute outgoing mail & maintain pickup check book & log.
- Manage outstanding checks by monitoring and sending reminder emails, as necessary.
- Assist with the reporting and preparation of annual 1099 processing.
- Coordinate or perform data collection, analysis, reporting and other duties as needed.