The Leadership Giving Officer is responsible for soliciting and stewarding annual leadership-level gifts, currently defined as $2,500-$24,999, to generate current-use revenue for scholarships, faculty research, campus programs, and other university programs. This position will also grow the university’s community of supporters in The President’s Club. Additionally, the Leadership Giving Officer will assist with stewardship and donor services functions for the Leadership Giving team.
Approximately 80% of the Leadership Gift Officer’s time will be spent on fundraising tasks and 20% of their time spent assisting with stewardship and operational functions of the Leadership Giving team.
- Manage a portfolio of 1,000-1,500 leadership giving donors and prospects.
- Achieve agreed upon performance metrics including but not limited to number of contacts, number of opportunities/asks delivered, number of opportunities/asks secured, dollars raised, and percent of portfolio retained.
- Conduct a high volume of daily outreach attempts daily to cultivate, solicit and steward leadership level gifts through phone calls, virtual meetings, emails/digital tools, direct mail and events. A majority of contacts will be conducted using digital tools or phone, but strategic face-to-face meetings may be required to advance select relationships. Such interactions may include introductory and thank you calls, conversations to discover affinity and inclination to give, and solicitations.
- Develop personalized communications, proposals, reports and other material to further relationships
Collaborate with internal partners to strategically leverage personalized outreach to complement mass solicitation and stewardship activities.
- In collaboration with the Director of Leadership Giving, develop and implement new strategies to acquire, retain and upgrade leadership giving donors.
- Learn about campus programs and projects and effectively communicate the university’s mission to constituents.
- Engage with constituents at events.
- Input donor interactions in Blackbaud CRM database; log contact reports, gift opportunities and prospect plans.
- Stay informed of fundraising best practices related to fundraising in higher education and leadership giving.
- Contribute to a culture of collegiality and collaboration with development team members across campus, providing positive and effective customer service that supports and enhances campus-wide leadership giving.
- Collaborate with major gift officers and discovery officers by referring major gift prospects and accepting leadership giving referrals.
- Utilize The President’s Club & 1885 Society donor recognition programs to provide stewardship, engagement and solicitation touchpoints throughout the year to encourage leadership giving.
- Provide customer service to donors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.