Are you California dreamin’? The Director of Development, Regional will manage the identification, education, cultivation, and solicitation of major and principal gift prospects, while personally managing a major and principal gift portfolio in the San Francisco Bay Area and Pacific Northwest.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and manage the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major and principal gift level individual, corporate and foundation prospects located in the CA Bay area and Pacific Northwest.
- Responsible for maintaining a portfolio of 50-70 assigned-prospects with an emphasis on 40-50 in cultivation/solicitation annually while discovering new hi-capacity prospects.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the university and represent UA’s needs and interests.
- Develop personalized strategies for all assigned donors and prospects which builds, maintains and enhances relationships while furthering donors’ philanthropic objectives.
- Help to support and promote a culture of philanthropy and work effectively as part of the greater UADP.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule weekly personal visits with prospects and donors utilizing UADP software, introductory letters, emails and phone calls to set appointments.
- After an initial 3-6 month on-boarding period, execute an agreed upon metric of at least 50-70 current or prospect donor visits and the successful closure of 15+ major/principal gift proposals per year, with an expectation of $1M+ raised after the initial on-boarding period (with incremental increases after the first year).
- Maintain current and accurate records of donor prospects in the UADP computer records system (Lynx). On a weekly basis, enter contact reports, gift solicitations, and other communications with donors. Ensure all contributions are properly documented and handled in accordance with the University of Arizona Gift Policy.
- Work with UADP Marketing and Communications to develop print and online development materials related to the assigned areas.
- Partner with, and effectively utilize, the development professionals and resources of the UADP, including campus-based development teams, Gift Planning; Annual Giving (telephone, direct-mail, and e-solicitation services); Leadership Annual Giving; Board and Donor Engagement: Marketing and Communications; Prospect Development; Financial Services; Information Services; and the Foundation Relations (preparation and submission of grant proposals to foundations).
- Utilize the common systems, policies and procedures adhered to by UADP team members.
- Creatively leverage outreach activities (e.g. tours, lectures, etc.) to develop new major gift prospects.
- Represent the UA and UADP at public events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.